Monday, January 26, 2009

Where Did The Chub Go???

Well folks, I’m BACK and although I’m doing a little better and trying to put my game face back on, I honestly still don’t feel like my normal self…and Mom and Dad aren’t feeling too hot either! I’ve been battling a horrible rattling cough, I haven’t quite gotten my appetite back, I’m still occasionally nauseous and can’t always keep everything down, and I’m dealing with a MAJOR snotty nose…which I’ve said before is not a good look for babies. However, I do have a fun story to share. The other day, I rubbed my nose, which was a horrible snotty mess (ugh), and it smeared all over my face when I did that…but then it happened. I sneezed through my nose and blew a bubble the size of a small orange! It…was…AWESOME!!!! Probably 2 inches in diameter! I had no idea I was capable of such things. Mom stared at me in amazement and said, ‘Um, you got something right there,’ pointing to the area by my nose. ‘Who, me?’ I laughed, but the bubble didn’t pop but merged onto my face and stayed there for a few seconds until Mom ran and got a wipe to clean it off. I did it again later, but Mom’s been using this syringe thing to suck out all of the gunk, so I haven’t been able to do it since, unfortunately…

Mom’s devastated that my lack of appetite has resulted in the disappearance of my precious baby chub…my thighs are half their size! I’m a lightweight!!!! Not good…I’ll need to work extra hard once I’m able to eat again to pack it back on, so Mom has something to ‘nibble on’ when she attacks me with kisses…

I’ve been talking up a storm since I’ve been sick and haven’t made a pterodactyl sound in 2 weeks! I’m still doing baby babbles, but lots of decipherable words tacked on to it, like ‘Wa wa wa dada’ or ‘Ya ya ya did-dee’ or Mom’s favorite ‘Did-dee boobie.’ I’ve even just said ‘Dad.’ Every word I say these days is a variation of Daddy! And without coaching, either. Now when Mom and Dad talk and when I watch them eat, I move my mouth without making noises, like I’m copying their actions. I even have an Auburn football that plays the fight song and since every time it plays and Mom sings along to it, I’ve started moving my mouth too! I’ll learn to sing the fight song soon…and maybe teach my Dad the lyrics, since he seems to have a version all his own...and he claims to be a fan!

No comments: