Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello, 2009!!!

2008 was a good year and I can't help but reminisce on the many wonderful experiences I've had. I spent the first half of the year in utero...Mom fed me well and I was reluctant to leave a good thing, but I admit things only got better once I made my grand entrance into the world. I became the first grandchild and the first great grandchild for both of my parents families...So I brought a whole new meaning to the word SPOILED!!! So things started out great and only continued to get better...I guess from being so darn cute and getting a lot of attention for it. Maybe it's the red hair...maybe it's my adorable smile...or my irresistible chubby cheeks (both pairs)...or my big baby blues...or my impressive chompers...or my suave demeanor...or my muscle? I could go on and on, but I don't have the energy after my wild night of New Year's Eve partying at Grandma and Grandpa's...so to sum it up, 2008 was a good year for me and a good year for my family because they got ME. ME being the operative word! So I expect great things from 2009...

I had a few major achievements of note before the New Year rang in...First, I got another tooth...that makes 7 teeth in 7 months. Then, I mastered the art of sitting to where I'm no longer wobbly...I can even go from rolling around to propping myself up on my arm to the sitting position without any help. Then on the 23rd of December, I started crawling! It was small hesitant crawls at first, but now I almost have it down. I can't do it too quickly, and after about 8 steady crawls, I usually wear out, but Mom and Dad are already preparing the household for the destruction that is about to ensue. I've also started grabbing onto things to lift myself up onto my knees...my Dad found me doing this in my crib...I even reached up and ripped the cord to my baby cam off the wall! I know, right?! Impressive! Sometimes I don't know my own strength. Mom freaked out about that one. My parents had to drop the crib down to the 'stage two' level, so I can't throw myself over the crib edge. They had to do the same thing with the pack-n-play. All my baby stuff...the rain forest floor mat, the 'miracle chair' bouncy seat, the crib mobile, and one or two other things got packed up today because I'm too advanced for them. AND...I'm wearing a size 3 diaper...although I've been wearing that for probably 2 months, I just thought I'd mention it.

So World, watch out in 2009!

No comments: