Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Shot? What Shot?

Mmmmm...Cheerios are lip smacking good!

I went to the doctor yesterday after two long days of fussiness and my refusal to take anything more than a 30 minute nap for 2 days straight. Mom had a hunch I had a little cold...a cough and continuous snot was a sure sign...and as it turns out, I also had a small fever (only 99.1). I originally only had to go in for the second half of my flue shot, but Mom thought she'd have them check me out because of the cold just in case. The doc looked me over, weighed me (20.4 lbs!) asked a bunch of questions, my Mom got 'approval' for my cheerio eating since I'm kind of young for that (GREEN LIGHT!) and then the doc gave me this cool flat stick to chew on. Fun! When she found out that I was already crawling, standing, and eating cheerios like a pro, she said I fall under the 'movers and shakers' category. Uh huh...She knows what's up...

Then a cute brunette nurse came in to give me my shot...I didn't want to look like a big baby, so I just kept chewing my new stick doc gave me and I didn't flinch at all. No tears! In fact, I didn't even acknowledge it! What shot? My meaty hamhocks are like thighs of steel...do not be deceived by the excess chub. I think the pretty girl took notice...

No comments: