Friday, April 24, 2009

Words and Actions

I'll start with the good news first. I'm starting to say a lot of new words. This morning, I waved to Bella (otherwise known as 'Belba') and said, 'Hi!' My new words are really quiet, but Mom distinctly heard it. She thinks she's heard me say it before, but wasn't 100% sure until this morning. There are a bunch of new little words that I'm starting to say, but it's hard for my parents to keep track of them all! The good thing is, I'm learning to mimic my parents with words and actions, so I'm right on track with my verbal and physical development, according to my teachers.

So the bad news (according to Mom): I'm learning to mimic my parent’s words and actions! Mom fusses at Dad because he gets me all hyped up, loud and squeally-like, but what can I say…we have fun together. I particularly like to copy his funny (or obnoxious as Mom calls it) noises because it makes Dad laugh hysterically and then I laugh! Two peas-in-a-pod, my Dad and me…

So my parents have determined that I’m a morning person…no shot of espresso for a pick-me-up needed here. I favor my Dad in this respect and spring out of bed with a smile on my face ready for a new day. (Not to be confused with nap time…I don’t wake up very happy after a nap, but yell loud as a siren for my parents to get me the heck out of my crib). But in the mornings, I have a new fun-filled day of eating, drinking, napping, pooping, and playing to look forward to…

No comments: