Friday, April 10, 2009

Hippity Hop, Easter's On It's Way...

No, I'm not pasty, Dad...I'm pigmentally challenged...You and Mom are ones to talk, whities...

Countdown to operation Easter Eggs: 2 Days! Two days, that is, until I get baskets socked full of goodies from my buddy, the Easter Bunny, to rot out my 8 teeth and my mind…Sweet! Now I know this guy isn’t quite as impressive as Santa…his gifts will be contained in a small straw basket and I probably won’t be cleaning up in the gift department like I did at Christmas, but I can’t help but look forward to getting some new stuffed animals to shred with my teeth and if I’m lucky, my Mom will let me eat a few sweets that the bunny man might bring. Yesterday, much to Mom’s horror, they gave me a whole cupcake at school…YUM! That was my first real sugar treat and now I’m hooked. Am I going to eat that plate of green beans, Mom? Will I eat that spoonful of sweet potato, you ask? I have one question for you: Is there frosting on it? No, there isn’t? Well, you have your answer then…FORGET IT! I like cupcakes and frosting and that’s it. But it serves Mom right…she forgot to bring hard-boiled eggs to school for my art project this week and (she thinks) she might have missed my class Easter party. (That's when they gave me the cupcake...to keep me preoccupied so I wouldn't notice that my mom wasn't there!) Slacker! Mom’s been studying for her ARE’s, so she’s a little stressed and forgetful these days, but there’s no excuse…

I’m also really hoping the bunny will bring me a few of those plastic eggs filled with money. Yep, the bunny sometimes brings money! Mom said the bunny used to bring my Mom and her sisters, my Aunt Alison and Aunt Lisa, cash-filled eggs when they were little…some had a dollar…some had a quarter…some had five dollars or more! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about…I will crawl around looking for plastic eggs if I can get my hands on a little cash-money. I could buy myself an H3 Hummer or something, like my Uncle Brent. Cool!

So my hopes are high for Sunday…I’ll keep you posted on the goods that I get.

No comments: