Thursday, February 26, 2009

Food food food

So have I ever mentioned that I love food? The fresh stuff especially! Jarred baby food is not too bad…the fruit mostly, ‘cause I’m not too fond of the jarred veggies, but give me a fresh baked potato with cheese or some homemade cheesy grits (basically anything with cheese), fresh green beans or even peas – something that you’d have to force feed me if it were from a jar – and I’ll eat that stuff up like there is no tomorrow! My finicky fresh veggie-eating days are over…even when cooked by Mom! Honestly, I’m just tired of the same old jarred food. Ms. Ruthia at school says that I’m the best eater of the bunch and she loves to feed me…and I usually get second helpings, when other babies are pushing theirs away and crying. I’ve been able to eat the school food the last few weeks and it is pretty darn good!

Yesterday, on Mom’s day off from work, she made me breakfast. Not the typical instant rice cereal with fruit, but the good stuff. Homemade 3-Cheese Grits and also a mashed banana (a regular for me these days…I typically eat two a day!). Then for dinner, Dad came home and fed me applesauce and some nasty jarred squash. Mom had a baked potato in the oven for me, but it wasn’t ready in time for my dinner. So, Mom wanted me to have something fresh with my jarred stuff, so she put these blue fruit things, called blueberries, on my tray. Dad fussed at Mom for buying off-season fruit, but Mom says that if it’s for her little Chubbymunch (me), that she’ll buy over-priced fruit…so take that, DAD! He tried to eat my over-priced blue fruit things and I said, ‘Back off! They’re mine!’ I really liked them and because Mom would only give me the small ones (so I wouldn’t choke on them), some of them were sour! But I still loved them and gobbled them up. Then, ‘DING!’ My baked potato was ready. Dad told Mom there was NO WAY I’d be able to eat any more food. OH, IS THAT A CHALLENGE, DAD??? Cause I’m up for it! Mom mixed in some cheese and I ate the entire thing. I even made burping noises, like I was going to explode, but still wanted to eat more. If I want to be a strapping boy, I’ve got a lot of work to do…I lost an entire pound from being sick a few weeks back…

So back to bananas…I love those things. When Mom is mashing them up, I get really really fussy because I see her preparing it and she can’t get them to me quick enough. I start kicking my legs, whining, and sometimes I’ll even bang on my highchair. Hurry up already, Mom! I've eaten two in one sitting before. Impressive, right?

Chomper Update: My 8th tooth started coming in at 8 months! It's finally starting to break through...Lots of drool and lots of fussing as the result...

Skills Update: I've been sticking my tongue out A LOT lately...it's pretty cute and I get a lot of reactions out of it...

Baby Talk Update: I’m ‘talking’ a lot these days…I said ‘Bye Bye’ on Tuesday when I was leaving school and I’ve been babbling ‘Bab bab bab’ a lot. Ever since I first said it, Mama, or Ma ma ma ma is my favorite word…I say it ALL day long and it makes Mom very happy…and I’ve only repeated Da da once since I learned how to say Mama. Lately, I’ve been saying everything in my ‘gobblin’ voice, as Dad calls it. A very low, scratchy, demon-sounding voice…It even scares me a little! It’s pretty cool…

No comments: