Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Words and Dog Drama

I haven’t been able to post my ‘one year’ slide show yet, post B-day pics, or update much lately, thanks to Mom’s busy study schedule (Architecture exams left and right…boo!) But I wanted to do a quick update on some of my new words lately:

-Balloon…thanks to my birthday balloons, I have a new favorite thing. I must hold the string to my ‘ba-lloon’ (or sometimes I just call it ‘boon’ for short) at all times and when I see it in the room and it’s not in my hand, I just repeat ‘ba-lloon…ba-lloon’ over and over until my parents give it. It’s also the first word I say when I wake up from a nap these days. And boy, do I pitch a fit when they take it away from me…
-Uh-oh…you’ve heard this one already, but did you know that I can appropriately apply it to scenarios? Like, when Dad and Mom were driving me in the car, I tooted and said ‘Uh-oh.’ Mom and Dad laughed pretty hard about this one.
-Oh, wow…I learned this from Mom and I use it A LOT! Mom usually says it when she opens my diaper and there is poop in there…
-Whoa…Another favorite…and another one I learned from Mom opening my diaper to find the stinkiness that is my poop…
-Poop…I actually pronounce this ‘Boof,’ but mom gets my drift really quick when she smells it…I’ve been ‘boof-ing’ a lot lately…every diaper change, in fact for the past 2 days…
-Book…I’ve been saying this for months, but Mom gets a kick out of it when she’s holding me and I’m saying ‘Book’ because I want her to read…
-Bottle is still a word I’m repeating these days…and boy do I like my bottle or ‘bobble’
-Duck...Dad taught me this…I’ve got a few ducks that go in the bath with me…
-Ball…not sure where I learned this, but I like this word…
-Dog…been saying it for a while, but Mom and Dad love the way I say it…’DAAAWWWGGG’ like a true Southern boy…not sure where I got my Southern accent from, but Uncle Chris, a big Georgia fan, would be proud…

Speaking of dogs, I had a very bad thing happen on Tuesday night. Bianca, the Italian Greyhound who is usually my buddy, bit me...or scratched me…my parents aren’t sure because it happened so quickly…and on the FACE! My parents freaked out, almost killed the dog (not really, but wanted to), but I’m alright. I cried pretty hard at first, but quickly recovered and was playing hard minutes afterwards. My parents have always been worried about Bianca…she has a ‘superiority complex’ that makes her think she owns everyone and everything. Bella, the crazy one, is sweet to me. But still, Mom and Dad have always been cautious with me around the dogs because they know that animals can snap over little things. I unfortunately was walking around the living room and fell into Bianca’s basket where she was lying and I partially landed on her…so it was a protective instinctual thing. But I was apparently trying to hit the dogs that day (according to Gram, when she babysat me) and that could have also contributed to it. So anyway, bottom line………the dogs are not allowed near me unless I’m in my pack-n-play or being held by my parents. A sad reality, but if it happened once, it could happen again and it could have a far worse result… Animals and babies don’t mix, regardless of how sweet or friendly they usually are. Mom and Dad are just thankful that it didn’t break the skin or worse…

On another note, hitting, scratching, and biting have been a few things I've done to my Mom and Dad lately. I broke skin on my Dad's face after I scratched him and when my Mom makes me mad, I hit her in the face (a 'mean' face proceeds the hitting, typically). They're not sure where I learned this (school, maybe?), but they don't like it! I, on the other hand, like to show them who's boss...me!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Dear Heston,
I'm sorry to hear that Bianca bit you. It's good that your mommy and daddy won't let the dogs near you. Your little third cousin, Andy Followell, stepped on his sweet, loveable golden retriever, when the dog was asleep. The dog woke up suddenly and bit Andy in the face. Andy had two big gashes that required stitches. A new home was found immediately for the dog!

Love,
Nana